Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fr. Marek Bozek's statement:

Dear Parishioners and Friends,

I am deeply saddened and disappointed by today's news of my laicization. I will continue my ministry and I will continue to offer valid Catholic sacraments at St. Stanislaus Kostka Polish Roman Catholic Parish.

When I came to St. Stanislaus in December 2005, the people had been denied the sacraments by Archbishop Burke in a manner that I, as a priest, could not tolerate. Archbishop Burke than began a campaign to laicize me because I stood up for St. Stanislaus and because I wanted to make sure the sacraments were available to all its Parishioners. Anticipating this unjust penalty of laicization, I received temporary priestly faculties from Archbishop Philip Zimmerman, a validly ordained Catholic bishop, over a year ago, which allow me to continue offering valid Catholic sacraments.

In the face of all that Archbishop Burke and the hierarchy have done, St. Stanislaus lives and continues to grow. I will continue serving the People of God at this Parish and I will continue to offer valid Catholic sacraments at St. Stanislaus. I hope to see you all at Mass this weekend. Peace and blessings,

Fr. Marek

**************************************************************

I thank Fr. Bozek for permission to publish his statement.

Damage caused by the heavy hand of our former Archbishop will be long remembered.

All for money and power...

3 comments:

StGuyFawkes said...

Once again Mr. Bozek is twisting words. Once again he floats this phantasy that he has "temporary secondary faculties" from Reformed Catholic Bishop Phillip Zimmerman.

There is no such thing as "temporary secondary faculties". Tim Townsend of the Post solved this several weeks ago by publishing the incardination letters.

Marek Bozek is a priest in another religion. He belongs to a sect which marries gays and ordains women. They have a woman bishop.

Fine enough. But don't let him fool you into believing he is still a Roman Catholic priest.

Anonymous said...

Very sad; I will pray for Mr. Bozek and the folks at St. Stanislaus.

enlightened christian said...

God Bless your ministry Fr Bozek,once a priest always a priest.